Florida Communist Party in action

BY:Joshua Leclair| September 17, 2014
Florida Communist Party in action

In Florida, CPUSA members are plugged into elections work across the state.  In the lead up to the primaries, we were making phone calls and canvassing alongside our labor allies for a team of seven union members running for local non-partisan school board and city races.

We are also doing GOTV and voter registration in county races in the Orlando area (the county commissioners who two years ago illegally stalled an Earned Sick Time citizen ballot initiative). Members in other areas are centered on circulating a fact sheet about our tea party Gov. Rick Scott’s horrible record along with a “Pledge to Vote Out Rick Scott.”

With the primaries now over, we are shifting to support many of the same local non-partisan races in run-offs and preparing for the upcoming general election to rid our state of Rick Scott.

Some of our members are also active in the Free Marissa Alexander campaign.

Author

Josh has worked as a motorcycle mechanic and an organizer for a public sector union in Florida. He is currently active in Central Florida's labor and progressive movements, and is the District Organizer of Florida for the Communist Party. Josh grew up in New Smyrna Beach, FL and now resides in Orlando.

Comments (11)

Tyler Woodby | February 08, 2017 at 6:32 PM

I am in Lehigh Acres. Are their any groups here that I can talk to?

Josip Case | November 13, 2017 at 3:35 AM

I’m in Naples, and although I’m not a member of the CPUSA, I’m trying to build a socialist cadre in SW Florida. Contact me at ckamarchik@gmail.com, I’d love to talk to you- it’s hard to find comrades down here. :(e

Just put the subject as “what’s up comrade” so I know it’s you.

James Matthews | September 13, 2016 at 4:47 AM

Hi im interested in joining the party. Any local groups in the Miami area.

Joe Sims | September 14, 2016 at 7:41 PM

We’ll be in touch soon! Welcome.

VALERIY | August 20, 2015 at 12:29 PM

HOW ARE YOU COMRADE! HOW CAN I JOIN YOUR PARTY I LIVE IN WEST PALM BEACH FL. AND WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

Hugo Boss | November 05, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Che is not pleased, so look busy or it’s gulag for you!

| October 18, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Max | September 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Keep at it Comrade!

Hank | September 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Are you aware that the 1st Communist dictator of Russia, Vladimir Lenin called people in the West who were Fellow Travelers “Useful Idiots?”

Imagine how much he looked down on full communists like you people?

Every rich supporter who financed the Bolshevik Party were among the 1st Useful Idiots it executed after they helped it seize power.

How many hundreds of millions of innocent people did the communists enslave and murder since its rise?

Will YOU be next? Useful Idiots. lol

Josip Case | November 13, 2017 at 3:48 AM

Not only is your context wrong (it was used to refer to non-communists who could be easily persuaded by communist propaganda), there’s no proof Lenin, Stalin, or anyone else in the USSR ever said it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot.

The real useful idiots are the class cucks who think that capitalism is a good thing, and that they aren’t being exploited. How many factories do you own? Any businesses at all? It doesn’t matter what your salary is, if you are forced to rent your body (labor) to make money for someone else, because otherwise you’ll starve or lose your home, you are a Proletarian. Worshiping the people who are exploiting you is the must cuck thing you can do, lol.

I don’t know how many of “millions of innocent” people so-called communists enslaved and murdered, but I’ll bet you dollars to donuts it’s not as much as how many people have been killed by capitalism.

I know you have negative opinions about communism, but nevertheless, we socialists and communists will continue to fight for your rights, as well as the rights of all hard-working people. I invite you to join us- you have nothing to lose but your chains, and a whole world to gain!

Jareth Copus | September 17, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I have tried hard to become active in the Tampa area but have met a lot of dead ends. Including being seemingly excommunicated by our national chair…. I would love to help in any way.